Friday, January 14, 2011






Ok. So I finished off my home made sandals. Now I have them set up the way I like them. It took a few generations to get it right. On the top view with no feet you see small pieces of gorilla tape. This was just holes I covered from previous gen lace tie. Now got them accounted for on my blog. These will mostly be used at stores that require shoes. I have my tricks to go in without footwear, but sometimes depending on time of day I want to shop. Mostly grocery store related with just one store. I may use my sandals. However I've got another trick on the way which may discontinue sandal usage. Time will tell, but these sandals are certainly very comfortable........

The soles are super thin. The material is gorilla tape which is similar to duct tape. Though the gorilla tape is black, and stronger then duct tape. I used three layers of tape. The lace on top is made of polypropylene/nylon. I purchased the fun color from invisible shoe.

If you like this tie method follow the below video instructions. I did it slightly different with less lace on forefoot. Once I did the cross at forefoot then ran lace through sole. I decided on just bringing the lace right back again the same way over the forefoot, and I did the final tie on each side at front of heel.





Alternative sandals on market.....

If you are looking for a alternative sandal on the market that is minimal. Give these

a try. My pic below I cut off the toe cover as I did not like it. I also shortened the front sole to eliminate the drag factor.

4 comments:

  1. Great-looking sandals!

    Can you post a couple of additional photos? I'd love to see 'em held in your hand (with no feet in them, obviously :)--perhaps from above and from below?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Additional pics added as requested.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the pics and the video link.. I think when the weather warms up these may be in my future... they are definitely something I can wear.

    Khyricat/Amie

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem Amie. I also just added to my blog post another option of sandals currently on the market.

    ReplyDelete