Saturday, January 1, 2011

About a week ago I was in Eureka natural foods. A customer complained I was barefoot. Then of course a employee approached me. They told me shoes must be worn due to sanitary conditions. So shoes get washed everyday, and are sanitary ? I don't think so......My feet are far cleaner then any shoe. It's a ignorant excuse ENF.

Today at borders books they finally said something to me as well. I questioned why having shoes on was a rule. He seemed very frustrated I was trying to have a intelligent conversation with him. He thought maybe it was a rule because of health codes. I explained to him that no health codes exist for city, county, state, or federal government. He seemed bothered by this, and was not being friendly with me at all. I approached him later, and he basically had no idea why it was a rule. He only knew that he wanted to enforce it. I got him to calm down a bit, but then another customer interrupted asking where to find a book. So I left, and I'll be buying books elsewhere for now on.

Every store that requires shoes each have a different reason for this unfriendly store policy. So far all of the reasons are nothing more then misconceptions. The store policies are based on ignorance, and nothing more. The good news is a find a lot of stores in this area do not have this policy. Or they just have not said anything to me yet. Part of what this blog will do is record those findings as they unfold.

In later posts I will discuss these above ideas in more detail. Many more things to come out of this blog. So stay tuned for more........

No comments:

Post a Comment