Friday, January 28, 2011

My bare feet have acquired personal prefrences........

I've mentioned in the past that I don't consider myself a barefoot runner, but rather a BF advocate.

I have also found it is rather hard to open dialogue during a run. Running 4 mph or so makes it difficult to speak with people. I want to run, and not have to stop to talk to folks. As clearly I think some would certainly like to ask me questions. Instead since I whip by they may just say something quick, and I respond quickly as I run away past them.
On the other hand I have found simply walking BF to be much better for advocating BF. I love to walk barefoot in town, stores, etc. It is much easier to stop, and talk to folks this way. So for me this will be the best method to promote bare feet. Running will simply be a fun excersice to run BF......

With that said I don't really like running on the town streets that much. I am new to running so I have to acquire my personal preferences for my feet, and my overall likes/dislikes. I enjoy running BF on the streets. I enjoy the Hammond trail however that paved trail is just too short for the section I like to run. In town I don't really like running with the emissions of traffic. Let's be real Arcata, CA is a fairly small town. It is by no means a big city. I just don't like running in this type of environment. What I do like in fact I love is running BF on the beach. Running on the beach is just wonderful ! In fact I think it may become kind of addicting.
I love the environment of the sand, and ocean. To feel the different temperatures of sand. To feel the dry sand, and wet sand. Listening, and feeling the enrgy of the ocean waves come in. The wind blowing on your body. The birds playing among the sands, and just above the water. Many birds in fact small, and large. I feel at home running on the beach !

At the end of the day. I don't want to just run. Though I would like to include running more as a activity. Running on the beach is certainly a really good workout which is another reason I like it. In fact the BF running style does make it easier as you glide over the sand. I like to run in front of the dry sand where the sand is wet. Typically during low tide hours. Anyway I like other outdoor activities, and I like weight training using unconventional methods. It's always a struggle balancing all the different activities. I usually just do whatever my body/mind is in the mood for on a given day. I hope to make beach running a more regular activity......

Jan 29 is the afternoon of the Trinidad to Clam beach run I was planning to do. I have a announcement to make. This announcement will follow in the next 24 hours.

1 comment:

  1. You're spoiled! The beach would be such an awesome place to run. Good luck with the clam run. Sounds like you're really enjoying yourself with barefooting.

    And that announcement? Hmmmmmm. I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete